Last updated: January 1, 2023
I. NOTICE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household ("Personal Information"). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Information. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Information, it will be treated as Personal Information; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
Categories of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)).
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, geolocation data and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Personal information that is deemed "Sensitive Personal Information," such as personal information that reveals a consumer's:
- Social security, driver's license, state identification card, or passport number.
- Racial or ethnic origin.
- The contents of your mail, email text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of Personal Information, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information for our business purposes, which include the following:
- To use your feedback and the like as a reference to plan, develop and set sales strategies for our merchandizing products, our services (hereinafter including our websites), etc.; to improve our merchandizing products or our services; or to set our business policies and the like;
- To respond to you when you purchase or use our products or services, or make inquiries, etc. concerning the Company or our products, services or others;
- To ship our merchandizing products or provide our services (including membership services) to you;
- To provide relevant after-sales support (including provision of software upgrade information);
- To provide information on merchandising products or services we offer as well as events and sales promotions;
- To use your feedback and the like in sales promotion activities of merchandizing products and or services we offer such as advertising and marketing;
- To ask you to answer a survey;
- To contact you for transaction (including contemplating the possibility of transaction) or meeting with you or to respond to various inquiries from you;
- To make a proposal for our products or services which meet your expectation when we identified you individually by your Personal Information provided to us by you and your history of visits to our website, etc.;
- To make statistical data classified by attributes of users (age, address, etc.);
- To validate your identity or to confirm and ascertain your membership registration and usage, to analyze your access history for our website, etc. concerning our products and services, and to improve customer experience and other qualities such as our products, services, and website by utilizing your purchases or usage of our product or services and website access history, etc., by means of the login functionality of the membership services we provide or by means of tracking systems using technologies such as cookies or web beacons upon your access to our website;
- To prevent misconduct or illicit acts such as infringement of rights, or to respond as needed for investigations with the objective of protecting the rights of you, the Company, or any third parties; and
- To perform audits and other legal checks required by laws and regulations such as accounting principles or by certain contracts.
We will not use the Personal Information we collected for material different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- From You: When you (i) purchase products or apply for services we provide; (ii) complete our surveys or apply for our offers of special benefits or sales promotion; (iii) apply registration of your product or for our customer support service, or when you create an account for our mail magazines and other membership service; (iv) when we respond to your inquiry; and (v) post your comments or other articles to our websites such as our home page.
- Operating Systems and Platforms. For example, we automatically collect information relating to the your device and the network used to access the website, such IP address, domain name, the browser type, and access time and date.
- Data Analytics Providers. For example, we and our technology providers automatically collect data related to your use of the website through the use of logging and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies and as a result of your use of use of the website such as the pages you visit, the sites you use before or after visiting ours, and how you navigate and move around the website. •
- From Social Networks: When you post your comments or other articles to our Social Networking Sites ("SNS") or other sites operated or administered by us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have shared the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- Category 1 (Identifiers): Affiliates (our group companies) and Service Providers
- Category 2 (Customer Records): Affiliates and Service Providers
- Category 3 (Protected Classifications): Affiliates and Service Providers
- Category 4 (Commercial Information): Affiliates and Service Providers
- Category 5 (Online Activity): Affiliates and Service Providers
- Category 6 (Audio/Electronic Information): Affiliates and Service Providers
- Category 7 (Sensitive Personal Information): Service Provides
We also share Personal Information with third parties (i) when we obtain your prior approval or consent; (ii) when required by laws or regulations; (iii) when it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (iv) when it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (v) when it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or (vi) when business or rights and obligations are to be succeeded between the Company and other companies due to merger or company split or others.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for no longer than is needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have on an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of compliance with laws (such as, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
II. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California's "Shine the Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and are free of charge. However, we do not disclose personal information protected under the "Shine the Light" law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The CCPA provides California residents with the below rights. For more information about how to exercise your CCPA rights, see the section "SUBMITTING A VERIFIED CONSUMER REQUEST" below.
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the Personal Information we collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you in the past 12 months. This includes a request to know any or all of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have sold, shared or disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing your Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of Personal Information we have collected and maintained about you in the past 12 months.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that if you request deletion of your Personal Information, we may deny your request or may retain certain elements of your Personal Information if it is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between our business and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt-In to Financial Incentives: You have the right to opt-in to financial incentives. You also have the right to opt-out at any time. However, we do not currently offer any financial incentives.
- Right to Opt-Out/In: You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to opt-in to the sale or sharing of Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information about you. Once we receive and verify your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate Personal Information about you.
- Right to Restrict or Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information: You have the right to restrict the use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information to certain purposes related to the offering of goods or services as listed in the CCPA. However, we do not use Sensitive Personal Information in such a manner under the CCPA that would permit such limitation.
Some of our products and services, however, may require your Personal Information. If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services.
III. SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The CCPA defines a "sale" as disclosing a California resident's personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Where such disclosure is for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, it qualifies as "sharing" under the CCPA. We use services provided by Google that track website visitor activity to help deliver interest-based ads to those visitors. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a "sale" or "sharing" of your personal information to the companies that provide the services because they collect Internet or Network Activity information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you.
Accordingly, we may "sell" or "share," and have "sold" or "shared" the following categories of Personal Information in the preceding 12 months to our advertising partners for purposes of advertising our Services and business and identifying new customers or potential customers: Individual Identifiers & Demographic Information, Commercial Information, and Internet or Network Activity. We do not knowingly "sell" or "share" the Personal Information of California residents under 16 years of age. To exercise your right to opt-out, please call us at 323-727-7624 or email us at email@example.com.
IV. SUBMITTING A VERIFIED CONSUMER REQUEST
To exercise your Right to Know, Data Portability, Right to Delete, and Right to Correct, you must provide us with sufficient information to allow us to verify your identity, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide to us, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by calling us at 323-727-7624 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for Right to Know or Data Portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with name, address, email address and mobile phone number.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, we may request additional information to confirm that person or entity's authority to act on your behalf and to verify the authorized agent's identity. We require an email be sent to email@example.com, along with all of the below items:
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, provide one or more of the following: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) written permission from the California resident, or (3) power of attorney.
- Sufficient information to verify the authorized agent's identity, depending on the nature of the request.
- To verify the identity of the California resident for whom the request is being made, provide the information set forth above for verification of the consumer request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the request's identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within ten (10) business days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For Data Portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do Not Track
We use analytics systems and providers that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser's "do not track" signal or similar mechanisms.
V. MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS CALIFORNIA NOTICE
This California Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this California Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised California Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this California Notice, such as by posting a notice on the services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the services following our posting of any revised California Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended California Notice.
VI. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE
If you have any questions or concerns about this California Notice and/or how we process Personal Information, please contact us at:
TEAC America, Inc.
10410 Pioneer Blvd. Suite 1
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
For more information about how users with disabilities can access this California Notice in an alternative format, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.